Finding a service
Finding a service that understands LGBTI communities can be challenging.
These tips may help you to find the right service for you:
- Finding the right person to help you can be very individual. If you are uncomfortable with a particular worker it is okay to request to see another worker;
- don’t be afraid to ask for an LGBTI sensitive worker;
- if you are unhappy with the service, it is important to make a complaint so that the service can be improved. ACON can assist you with making a complaint; and
- remember not all programs work for everyone and it can mean that it is just a matter of finding the service that is the best fit for you, again ACON can assist you in finding the right service.
ACON is working closely with mainstream drug and alcohol services to build their understanding of the needs of our community.
If you would like assistance in finding drug and alcohol services see the services list or contact ACON’s Alcohol and Other Drugs Program on 02 9206 2000 or email email@example.com
Also in this section…
- Is this information for me?
- Who uses alcohol and/or other drugs?
- How do I know if alcohol and/or other drugs are an issue or not?
- Caring for yourself while you are caring for someone else
- Supporting someone who has issues with alcohol and/or other drugs
- Is it about alcohol and/or other drug use or about mental health?
- What services are available?