There are a range of services for people who are experiencing problematic alcohol and/or other drug use, depending on their individual needs.
Options include phone or face to face counselling, group support, detoxification and rehabilitation (which can mean either living at a treatment centre or day visits) and pharmacotherapy like methadone (for opiate users). Supportive therapies like acupuncture, diet, massage and exercise can also be helpful.
Fore more information on available services have a look at our Services Directory.
Also in this section…
- Is this information for me?
- Who uses alcohol and/or other drugs?
- How do I know if alcohol and/or other drugs are an issue or not?
- Caring for yourself while you are caring for someone else
- Supporting someone who has issues with alcohol and/or other drugs
- Tips for finding a service that understands our community