There are a range of services for people who are experiencing problematic alcohol and/or other drug use, depending on their individual needs.
Options include phone or face to face counselling, group support, detoxification and rehabilitation (which can mean either living at a treatment centre or day visits) and pharmacotherapy like methadone (for opiate users). Supportive therapies like acupuncture, diet, massage and exercise can also be helpful.
Fore more information on available services have a look at our Services Directory.
Also in this section…
- Is this information for me?
- Why loved ones are important to LGBTQ people
- How do I know if alcohol and/or other drug use is a problem or not?
- Caring for yourself while you are caring for someone else
- What you can do to support an LGBTQ loved one around alcohol and drugs
- Finding an alcohol or drug service that understands the LGBTQ community